30 December 2011

Resolutions Relived

It's that time of year when the world feels the necessity to change for the next month or so before regressing into old habits. As per my last post, I actually lived up to most of what I wanted in 2011: I was a bit more of a hussie for certain, I collected newspapers (whether or not I read them is unimportant - I became a hoarder of current events) and I've definitely learned to love myself more. I wasn't really all that daring nor did I audition for anything - but I did have a couple of singing gigs and snagged nifty internship (2 seasons now).
This year, is the year of being resolved - knowing that my flaws make me beautiful and attempting to continue having those vices that aren't harmful to others.
I do really want to attempt the following as well:
*Read even more! 2 books a month is my goal - two jobs and an internship don't leave much time.
*Refrain from watching the tele....I've actually been working on this for a month or so and it's going quite well. I make exceptions for movies with friends.
*Audition for at least 5 things this year. (I should do more, but I figure I have to start somewhere).
*Finish School.
*Push myself musically harder than I ever have ( I know this is entirely subjective).

I think it's completely doable!
I've begun this year with a detox - 6 days strong only 25 more to go. Next month instead of denying myself food, I'll be denying myself shopping. I think it's really great to know the feeling of emptiness - food wise and am looking forward to the lessons that this month and the next will teach me. I'm feeling so Zen right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment