22 December 2012

Happy World's Not Over Day!

Hello Friends,
Yesterday morning as I went to my 5am shift at Starbucks I reveled in the idea of never working another open....guess what, we're all still here (and I still had to work at 5am again this morning). Now if Americans were smart, they would have realized that Australians were still alive and kicking being a day ahead of us, so there was really nothing to worry about. Although in our country's combined mind, we are the only thing tat matters (not my view). I do however, have to give a few points to Jell-O who I think may be trying to find something as interesting as their Cosby commercials. Good job trying to capitalize on that market of fear. I wonder if that actually brought them any more business.
As a perfect beginning to our prospective last day here on earth, I played REM's "It's The End of the World As We Know It" as I greeting my opening counterpart. We both died laughing and then started talking about our End of the World Top Fives. Now, although we're still here, I thought I'd put my lists up for you all.



My Top Five World's Ending I don't know How Far Through This Playlist We'll Get *smiles:
1) It's The End of the World As We Know It - REM
2) We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service
3) Superstition - Stevie Wonder (because I could listen to it on replay for hours - don't judge)
4) While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles (another song I'd have on replay)
5) The End - The Doors (hopefully playing eerily as people vanish)

Glad you all made it!



No comments:

Post a Comment