24 February 2012

Cupid Says No!

So, I've joined every possible dating website that's free and doesn't look incredibly creepy (so like two sites) - something I told myself and the world I'd never do.
It's not that I've had a lack of opportunity in the real world. It's that the opportunities that have presented themselves haven't been anything near what I want. I seem to meet people in person who are very forward with what they want sexually, but pretty much cease to have anything else to add to my existence. For me that's not enough. I have this past year had more one night stands than I'd care to recall (not really - I'm completely self-satisfied in this), and many of them have actually been phenomenal experiences physically. It's not that I want a ton more than phenomenal physicality, but that I'd prefer it not be with a series of strangers. I don't really want a deep and meaningful partnership, but I want to be able to have a conversation that goes past, 'oh god' and 'don't stop' or whatever else people say.
All of this to say that on one of these sites, I've had a number of gentlemen callers that have been neat. Kind of quirky, kind of cute and pretty cool. Each of them has approached me respectfully - that is until today. Some random man thought it would be cool to let me know that he looked at my picture and jacked off...Why the fuck would you do that? I mean, we all do 'that', but why would your opening remarks to someone be that you got off at the thought of them?
If I were at all familiar with him, I think I'd be much less appalled...maybe even flattered (depending on who it was and the relationship we had) but a total stranger?
Disgusting!

2 comments:

  1. "...it's not that I've had a lack of opportunity in the real world. It's that the opportunities that have presented themselves haven't been anything near what I want..."

    You see, you've answered your own questions there. The real world. It's a case of welcome to the real world. :-)

    Or, as Charles Bukowski put it...

    "Beware the average man. Everything he does will be average."

    Most people are only average. They don't aspire to anything out of the ordinary.

    As for your masturbating would-be suitor.. er.. no, I wouldn't say that to a woman I hadn't yet ascertained a relationship on a sexual footing.

    He obviously thinks you'll be impressed and flattered. I would bet money on the possibility he probably has difficulties actually getting a woman. I'd like to be a fly on the wall listening to his chat-up spiel at the bar.

    Sounds like one smooth cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Bukowski quote quite a lot.
    About the would be suitor's game or lack thereof, I can only imagine what it would look like. Maybe I should meet up with him to have more details.

    ReplyDelete