15 January 2011

Goodbye

The most important person in my world to date is laying in the next room allowing her body to deteriorate and I can do nothing. She has two days - three at most the doctors say...and I have nothing to say, but feel that in some way I need to memorialize my grams:

Love You Sammie Hammie, and although I've said it to you quite a bit, it's never enough. My world will be significantly different without you in it. And forever, you will be my sunshine (I've been singing it to you this week, but am not sure you've heard...nonetheless, I just wanted you and the world to know).
Hopefully soon I will write with something earth shatteringly beautiful, but for now, that's really it.

3 comments:

  1. I think she lives on in you. I can see the family resemblance - the cheekbones and eyes, in particular.

    I don't think you need to write anything earth shattering. There are no adequate words for such losses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with uv ray, you did a fine job. That song will be around for the rest of your life and so, in a way, will she. Lovely brave post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear....I feel bad for you...*hugs*

    ReplyDelete